For those lucky people that are actively looking to purchase a property in sunny Spain, the Costa Calida is worth your consideration. It is not so well known as some of the other famous “Costas” but as an investment it has a lot of potential. Land building plots are much cheaper and consequently house prices are as well. All the large Spanish developers are said to be planning projects here, if they have not started already.
Property Costa Calida
This has led to an upsurge of holiday homes, apartments and villas that are let to visiting tourists.
Beautiful holiday resorts and golf courses are being built to accommodate all the interest from the British, Irish and other northern European buyers that have been flocking to the Costa Calida area in search of that bargain home from home.
The weather is perfect on the Costa Calida, with very little rain, warm sunny winters and long scorching summers. The recent and on going development and upgrading of the old military airstrip at San Javier to a modern airport (Murcia International) has led the boom with budget flights from all over Europe, with off peak flights from just £20 in some cases. With flight times of just over 2 hours you can leave the UK early and be playing golf or lazing on a beach by lunch time, in fact the planes nearly land on the beach as they make their final approaches over the Mar Menor.
The famous La Manga golf complex and the amazing La Manga Strip are the most well know of the local Costa Calida resorts, but more traditional Spanish towns like San Pedro del Pinatar and Los Alcazares will soon follow with their perfect beaches for children stretching out into the warm waters of the Mar Menor.
Costa Calida Property prices really are much cheaper than the Costa Blanca to the north and you won’t need to drive miles inland to find one.
These properties are just recent examples please use the search links above to check for the most up to date listings.
Costa Calida Property Examples
- Lavishly restored charming 3 bedroom terraced house property, situated in historic hillside village with stunning views overlooking local countryside close to all amenities, with good access to main routes. The housing comprises – entrance hall to lounge with fireplace, dining room, kitchen, bedroom with en-suite, small interior courtyard with bbq and utility area, stairs to 1st floor – 2nd lounge, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom and balcony. The property has been modernised with the inclusion of central heating and air conditioning but preseves the original charm and character, retaining many original rustic features such as exposed beamed ceilings. Convenient location close to the national park the Sierra Espuña. Possibility of purchasing furnished
- Semi-detached 3 bedroom terraced house property, with internal patio (total 72m2) and roof top solarium situated in convenient Village outskirts location close to all amenities, with good access to main routes. The housing comprises – 3 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and shower room. The roof top solarium is accessed from the small internal patio, there is a storeroom and views across the village. Well presented requiring only a little tidying.
- 3 bedroom terraced house property, with patio (total 193m2) and small garden plot (101m2) in convenient Village outskirts location close to all amenities, with good access to main routes. The housing comprises – 3 bedrooms, lounge/diner with fireplace, kitchen, bathroom and rear patio. The land plot is situated in front of the property. Requires some modernisation.
- Well presented 4 bedroom terraced house property, with patio and outbuildings (total 316m2) in a Village location close to all amenities, with good access to main routes. The housing comprises – 4 bedrooms, lounge/diner, 2nd lounge (converted from garage), modern kitchen with integrated appliances and marble work surfaces and bathroom. The part covered secluded patio has a kitchenette, utility, storeroom and two further outbuildings. Water and electricity are connected. There is the possiblity to purchase a land plot of 6,708m2 situated close to the property for an additional 16,500 Euros.
- Fully restored terraced 3 bedroom house property, with roof top solarium in a central location of a small village, with good access to main routes and beaches. The housing comprises-3 double bedrooms, lounge with wood burner, separate dinning room, bathroom with full size bath and walk in shower, large kitchen/dinner fully fitted and solarium with storage shed with views across the village. Water, electricity and telephone are connected
- 4 bedroom terraced house property, of 118m2 with garage, internal patio and roof top solarium situated in a small town close to all utilities and with excellent access to the City of Cartagena. Recently modernised the housing comprises entrance to hallway, lounge/diner with fireplace, kitchen with integrated appliances and marble worksurfaces, 4 bedrooms, bathroom, garage and internal courtyard accessing large roof top solarium. Features include air/conditioning in lounge, good interior condition, convenient location
- Extremely well presented 6 bedroom terrace house property, with pool in a central location within a small village, 16 kms from the port and beaches of Mazarron. The housing comprises – 6 bedrooms, large well presented fully fitted kitchen with open fireplace, utility area, bathroom and a second separate toilet. Large dining room with original beamed ceiling, large air conditioned lounge with original beamed ceilings and wood burner, looking across the mature garden and pool area. The garden features fully filtered 8 x 4 metre pool, patio and bbq area. There are also various outbuildings offering possible conversion into guest accommodation. Water, electricity and two telephone
- Modern detached property, Chalet of 339m2 within well maintained mature plot of 2,700m2 situated in affluent residential area on outskirts of town within easy reach of all amenities and the city of Cartagena. The housing distributed on 3 floors comprises – large under build / basement comprising of parking area for 2 cars, storeroom and further room prepared for the installation of a sauna – ground floor – entrance hallway to lounge, lounge/dining room with circular staiway accessing basement, bathroom, kitchen with integrated appliances, utility, 3 bedrooms one being en-suite – 1st floor large master bedroom with access to terrace/balcony. The property is very well presented and features include irrigated gardens planted with specimen palms and mature trees, rooftop solarium and terracing with decorative
- End terrace 3 bedroom “duplex” style property, house of 118m2 inc garage with a total plot size of 152m2 situated in a small town with excellent access to the Port and beaches of Mazarrón (approx 15mins). The housing comprises – ground floor – hallway to lounge, bathroom, kitchen with marble work surfaces, integrated appliances and pantry, hall with stairway to 1st floor – 3 bedrooms, bathroom and access to rooftop solarium. The property is well presented and features well fitted kitchen and bathrooms, modern decor, marble flooring in hall/stairway areas and airconditioning serving first floor areas
- New build “Duplex” style property, townhouses of 182m2 with garden plot of between 300-400m2 (dependant on plot No´) situated with mountain backdrop 12mins North of the City of Murcia and approx 40mins of the Coast. To be finished by end of 2004 this small scale development (8 houses) is highly specified and is to include communal terrace, pool and games court. The housing is to comprise – basement/garage, entrance porch to lounge/diner, bathroom, fitted kitchen with integrated appliances, double bedroom, stairs to 1st floor and 2 double and 1 single bedrooms and bathroom. Specifications include – insulated cavity construction, double glazed windows, lacquered oak internal carpentry and central heating