Parador Golf Club, The Parador, Costa del Sol, Spain
The Real Club de Campo de Malaga golf course (also known as “The Parador”) is the oldest in the province of Andalucia. It first opened its doors for business in 1925, the King of Spain attending. Back then it was only the 4th course in the whole country, today it still holds up well against many of the newer layouts found along the Costa.
The course is often described as a cross between a links course and a parkland course; often a nice change from the American style courses that form the majority along the Costa. It skirts the Mediterranean offering great views out to Sea, as well as challenging winds on some of the holes. Many greens are guarded by flowering bushes and pine trees; water hazards come in the shape of 3 natural lagoons that come into play on 4 of the holes. A par 70 course made up of 18 holes, it measures a total of 6,836 metres.
The Real Club de Campo de Malaga is still owned by the state run Parador hotel chain. The course is held in very high esteem, remaining a firm favourite in many golfing circles.
Facilities available on site include; clubhouse with restaurant, café and bar, changing rooms, club buggy and cart hire. .
Contact details are as follows: –
Tel +34 952 381255
Fax +34 952 382141
More Golf Courses
- Mijas Golf
- Alhaurin Golf
- La Cala Golf
- Miraflores Golf
- La Siesta Golf
- Lauro Golf
- Santana Golf and Country Club
- La Noria Golf